Sideline Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the SFL. Everything you need league wise, is here!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dubb40
Admin
dubb40

Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th Empty
PostSubject: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:55 am

Free Agency will open at 12 am Nov 8th. It will close 48 hours later 12 am Nov 10th. Remember that you will have only 3 bids to place on one player so bid wisely. Also remember that at 12 pm Nov 9th, you may not bid on a player you have not previously placed a bid on. In the case that two owners are close at FA closing, they will go into a one-on-one auction. Happy Bidding!!
Back to top Go down
https://sidelinefootball.forumotion.com
AllDayy13

AllDayy13

PostSubject: ?   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 am

I'm a little confused on the whole bidding and free agent system.
Back to top Go down
twosilk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:27 am

BHQB6 wrote:
I'm a little confused on the whole bidding and free agent system.

What are you confused about? I am here to help, couple of questions??

do you have access to league manager??
do you understand the contracts??
Back to top Go down
AllDayy13

AllDayy13

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 am

Like say i want to get a free agent, what does it mean by bidding ?
Back to top Go down
dubb40
Admin
dubb40

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 am

Go here : myleaguemanager.net

user name: BHQB6
pw: SFL
Back to top Go down
https://sidelinefootball.forumotion.com
setstr8_Cardinals

setstr8_Cardinals

PostSubject: Let me be sure I understand this . . .   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Trying to figure this all out, but jumping between 3 sites (this one, the old forum and LM) and the XBox (for player RTGs) is tiring and confusing . . .

12 Midnight TONIGHT it starts, and we have until 12 NOON day after tomorrow (Tuesday) to lock in a bid.

But players will be assigned to a team when exactly? And is there a max bid? And if multiple teams bid said max -- does it then go to a W-L % tie-breaker?

Please correct me . . .please
Back to top Go down
twosilk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm

setstr8_Cardinals wrote:
Trying to figure this all out, but jumping between 3 sites (this one, the old forum and LM) and the XBox (for player RTGs) is tiring and confusing . . .

12 Midnight TONIGHT it starts, and we have until 12 NOON day after tomorrow (Tuesday) to lock in a bid.

But players will be assigned to a team when exactly? And is there a max bid? And if multiple teams bid said max -- does it then go to a W-L % tie-breaker?

Please correct me . . .please

there is no max bid, and as far as noon tomorrow you can still bid on players that you have already bid on just cant start any new bids, this is to keep players from waiting to the last minute to start bidding on players.
Back to top Go down
setstr8_Cardinals

setstr8_Cardinals

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:02 pm

OK, so you're saying I only have from Midnight tonight until noon tomorrow (MOnday) to decide whom and how much to bid on all the FAs? Seems short and I don't think all teams have completed their drops yet. . . And midnight Eastern? Or where?

And if there's no MAX bid -- is that the contract CAP price for every year or only this coming? Say I bid 100 points on Bob Sanders and I "win" him or is it 100 points for the length of the contract -- so if it's 3 years, I owe 33 per, 4 years 25 per, etc . . . Because if it's per year -- but LM assigns him a 7 year contract -- that sucks!

Is there any min or max length contracts in the system other than the LM standard (1 to 7)?
Back to top Go down
twosilk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:11 pm

setstr8_Cardinals wrote:
OK, so you're saying I only have from Midnight tonight until noon tomorrow (MOnday) to decide whom and how much to bid on all the FAs? Seems short and I don't think all teams have completed their drops yet. . . And midnight Eastern? Or where?

And if there's no MAX bid -- is that the contract CAP price for every year or only this coming? Say I bid 100 points on Bob Sanders and I "win" him or is it 100 points for the length of the contract -- so if it's 3 years, I owe 33 per, 4 years 25 per, etc . . . Because if it's per year -- but LM assigns him a 7 year contract -- that sucks!

Is there any min or max length contracts in the system other than the LM standard (1 to 7)?

no noon on tuesday is the cutoff point, and the bid is per year,but just remember you only have 800 points, so that 100 would be high, the object is to get who you want for as low as possible, and bob sanders I would wait and see his market value before putting a big bid out there for him,plus remember you need to sign draft picks as well, so dont just go willy nilly in free agency, also i responded to you on the other site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th   Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Agency will officially open at 12 am Nov 8th
Page 1 of 1